The mission of the Nativity’s Religious Education Program (formerly known as CCD) is to proclaim Christ’s message and help students apply it to their lives to foster community, prayer, worship, and the desire to serve the Lord.
• Assistant Catechists
• Office Assistants
• High School Catechist Assistants
• SPRED Volunteers
• Substitutes (catechists)
• You will grow in your own faith, learn the teachings of the Church, and deepen your relationship with God.
• Your Baptism calls you to share in Jesus’ ministry.
• Children, teens, and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to hear the Good News of Jesus and they need to encounter good role models of faith—you will be helping children and teens deepen their relationship with Jesus.
• You have much to share with those you’ll teach, and you’ll have opportunities to share faith with other catechists.
• Today’s catechetical textbooks/resources offer outstanding support.
• You’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll make new friends.
• You’ll be handing on a 2000-year-old Tradition that changes lives.
It is a Diocesan and Parish requirement that we perform background checks on all our volunteers working with children. We also ensure compliance with USSCB child protection guidelines under the Charter of the Protection of Children through an annual audit.
All volunteers 18+ are required to submit Diocesan paperwork and a background check.
Returning volunteers are also required to complete Diocesan updated paperwork.
Student volunteers (Grades 9-12) do not need to do this requirement.
For any questions about the OPCYP Diocesan Requirements, please contact our Parish Liaison: Fania Jimenez at [email protected]
Volunteer Application Form