After more than a year away from the classroom due to the covid pandemic, we finally get to open our doors! It is very exciting for us and we are looking forward to September when we can welcome back not only the children but all our wonderful volunteers. We want everyone to feel safe when they come to our buildings and our classrooms.
Safety for all is our number one priority! We will always follow guidelines and restrictions from the State, CDC and our Diocese. As our students come from Fairfax County Public Schools, we will also implement some of their guidelines and procedures for inclement weather and safety processes. Any updates or changes will be immediately communicated.
As safety is our priority, we will follow the guidelines below:
• Students will be required to wear masks at all times when coming into our buildings and in the classrooms as well as our Catechists, Volunteers and Staff members.
• In the Classroom- We will follow the 3 foot distance requirement, this means that we can only have a certain number of students per classroom to meet these requirements.
• There will be access to hand sanitizers in all classrooms.
• Desks in all classrooms will have clear acrylic plexiglass.
• Classrooms will be disinfected every day.
• Assistant Catechists
• Office Assistants
• High School Catechist Assistants
• SPRED Volunteers
• Substitutes (catechists)
• You will grow in your own faith, learn the teachings of the Church, and deepen your relationship with God.
• Your Baptism calls you to share in Jesus’ ministry.
• Children, teens, and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to hear the Good News of Jesus and they need to encounter good role models of faith—you will be helping children and teens deepen their relationship with Jesus.
• You have much to share with those you’ll teach, and you’ll have opportunities to share faith with other catechists.
• Today’s catechetical textbooks/resources offer outstanding support.
• You’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll make new friends.
• You’ll be handing on a 2000-year-old Tradition that changes lives.
It is a Diocesan and Parish requirement that we perform background checks on all our volunteers working with children. We also ensure compliance with USSCB child protection guidelines under the Charter of the Protection of Children through an annual audit.
All volunteers 18+ are required to submit Diocesan paperwork and a background check.
Returning volunteers are also required to complete Diocesan updated paperwork.
Student volunteers (Grades 9-12) do not need to do this requirement.
For any questions about the OPCYP Diocesan Requirements, please contact our Parish Liaison: Fania Jimenez at [email protected]