A Community that grows in our own personal spiritual life through:
– Communal prayer at Daily Mass
– Weekly opportunities for Confession
– How to Pray on Your Own – a Nativity YouTube Series
– The Rosary
– More ways to pray on your own
A Community that meets new people and learns about the Faith through:
– Virtual Small Group Discussions. We meet on Tuesdays from 7:30-9pm over Zoom. To learn more, email Alison at [email protected]
– Praying together Live on Instagram
– Theology on Tap
– Young Family Ministry for young adults with children
– Post COVID: Seasonal one-day pilgrimages, intramural basketball, Joyful Noise praise & worship, local service in the community, etc.
A Community that needs the gifts you have to share! You can get more involved in leadership by:
– Emailing our Director, Alison Fram, with ideas on how you can would like to be more involved in the community. This could be taking more of a leadership role within a current ministry or presenting a new ministry idea you would like to help facilitate.
“Only God could have known that waiting in line for pizza at the Young Adult Advent Party, chatting with a couple I’d seen once or twice before (and another couple we’d never met!), and then letting them hold our baby for the next three hours would yield an amazing spiritual friendship. Lorenzo and I had just been praying for other married friends, and God provided when we met Erica, Luis, Alex and Remmy. It blossomed from that one conversation into a deep friendship, quarantine Zoom Bible studies, backyard BBQs, and the spiritual accompaniment we all need.” – Katherine Resendez
How do I join your group?
No formal registration is necessary. Instead, we’d love it if you’d introduce yourself by emailing our Director! We’ll get you on our contact lists, and then connect you with one of our YA leaders who can share a little more about ways to get involved.
What if I’m new to Nativity?
WELCOME! We are so happy you are visiting our site! In addition to our YA Ministry, there are many other ministries at our parish that might interest you. We have complied a list for more ministry opportunities that welcome young adults.
Jesus called the 12 apostles to join him in his work. There is such a gift in being able to offer your skills and experiences to build up the Church!
There are thousands of young adults in our parish community, and we think the best way to reach those people is to help you discover your own gifts. We invite people to share in the ministry by becoming servant leaders.YA Leadership
Welcome to YA Ministry! I was born and raised in Burke (rare, I know) and attended Nativity growing up. I have a BA in Theology from Mount St. Mary’s University and have been working in parish ministry since 2012. I think finding a faith community post-college is one of the most difficult things, and I’ve loved helping to create that for my peers. Let’s get some coffee and talk!
Work Cell: 703-577-5329
Email me at: [email protected]
Hi! I’m Mary.
I assist Alison in any way I can to make sure that our ministries run smoothly and attract more people to Jesus Christ. Contact us anytime for more information about what our College, Young Adult, and Family ministries have to offer you.
God bless, and we hope to see you soon!
Email me at: [email protected]